Inspiring creativity in a brainstorm may seem like a daunting task, but in reality, there are simple steps you can take that will dramatically improve the level of creativity and innovation you experience during your brainstorm session. The key to success when you plan a brainstorm is to think beyond the creativity exercise. By considering other factors, such as environment, time of day and potential invitees, you lay a base on which good ideas can be built.
Here are 5 simple brainstorm tips to get you started:
- Preparation goes a long way when it comes to successful brainstorming sessions. Even a simple outline, is better than nothing. So, find a few moments and create a plan for your brainstorm.
- Sum it up in one sentence. If you can’t explain the point of your meeting in one short sentence, you may be trying to cram in too much thinking.
- A good plan generates more innovative ideas than a box of toys. Don’t waste your money on trinkets, when a well thought out plan is far more valuable.
- Picking the right people is essential. Innovation is born from diverse experiences, so make sure you consider assembling a team that represents every aspect of the problem you’re trying to solve.
- Get in the mood for creative thinking with a fun icebreaker or introductory game. It will boost creativity and encourage participants to feel comfortable sharing their ideas.